Thermal Characterisation including:
- Thermal stability decomposition studies, thermal ageing (TGA)
- Glass transition temperature, melting profile studies crystallisation and curing studies (DSC- including cryo, DMA*)
- Thermal conductivity including temperature dependence
Spectroscopy (both onsite and portable/mobile)
Chemometrics is an option which can be used with your spectroscopy data. This provides a link between spectroscopic data and material properties (e.g. tensile strength, viscosity) for prediction and quality control purposes.
Mechanical Properties such as:
- Tensile strength, modulus, elongation at break for polymeric materials
- Shore hardness testing (Durometer)
- Puncture and scratch testing
We can prepare a range of polymer samples for testing, please contact us to discuss requirements.
Electrical Properties such as:
- Permittivity, dielectric loss, tan δ (Dielectric Spectrometer)
- Electrical insulation testing
- Electrical conductivity
- Electrical breakdown strength*
- Shear rate (Brookfield viscometer with temperature controlled test chamber)
Functional Group Determination
- Hydroxyl, acid, amine, epoxide, isocyanate numbers (Potentiometric titration)
Water Content Determination
- Karl Fischer titration to ascertain the water content of a given material.
*These services can be provided as part of a tailored analytical package using facilities at local Universities
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your specific requirements further, please contact a member of our analytical team for additional information and a quotation.